In the world of performance there are many ways to make your car faster - and also slower in the process. There are plenty of internet tuners ready to sell you the latest & greatest that's currently on sale this week, but not all of it might perform well in your car, or with other components already installed. At Schneller we only perform modifications that really deliver. Today's cars are quite complicated & tuning within the realm of sophisticated injection systems while not creating a check engine light, or other warning light to illuminate can be quite tricky, and sometimes impossible, depending on the modification sought. Unless you're building a race car, we will tune to keep your car emissions legal & running properly. Warning lights & rejection stickers are not what tuning is all about.
In general, we seek to tune cars with the following performance objectives:
- Increase Intake airflow without drawing in hot air through intake tuning
- Increase fuel flow and ignition timing using performance engine management software
- Increase exhaust outflow by employing headers & high flow exhaust systems
- Put more power to the ground through better gearing by altering final drive ratios
- Alter Spring & shock rates to improve handling through suspension tuning
- Increase braking capacity to match horsepower by installing high performance braking systems
What we might recommend depends largely on what the car's primary intended use is (Street only, street/track, all out race car etc), the model & year of your car, and your performance goals in light of your budget. We strive to achieve a balance in these areas & each situation is different. Give us a call and ask for a performance consultation with Mike Morris.